In the aftermath of the Oscars, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith’s relationship continues to be put under the microscope.

The latest piece of their 25-year relationship, which the pair have been very open about publicly, is a clip from the family’s Facebook talk show, Red Table Talk, from 2018, in which they are sitting around the table with Jada’s mother, Adrienne Banfield-Norris, and daughter Willow Smith.

In the video, Jada admits that she never wanted to get married to Will in the first place.



She revealed that it was due to familial pressure, specifically, from her mother, that Jada went through with the marriage while pregnant with the couple’s first child, Jaden.

“Being a young actress, being young, and I was just, like, pregnant and I just didn’t know what to do,” she says in the video. “I never wanted to be married. I really didn’t wanna get married. We only got married because Gammy [Jada’s mother] was crying. It was almost as if Gammy was like, ‘You have to get married, so let’s talk about the wedding.'”

https://twitter.com/HarleyMonster/status/1512845168730259457

Banfield-Norris chimed in then, talking about how “horrible” the Smiths’ wedding in Baltimore, Maryland was. 

“Jada was sick, she was very unpleasant […] She didn’t cooperate with anything.”

Jada added to her mother’s statement, saying, “And I was so upset that I had to have a wedding. I was so pissed I went crying down the freaking aisle. I cried the whole way down the aisle.”

It seems that Will Smith, though, had very different feelings about the wedding.

He was excited to marry Jada at the time, and said, “There wasn’t a day in my life that I wanted anything other than being married and having a family. From literally 5 years old, I was picturing what my family would be.”

Will Smith has publicly apologized for the now-infamous slap of Chris Rock on Oscars night.

In recognition of what he did, Smith resigned from the Academy and has been banned from the Oscars and Academy-related events for the next ten years, though he can still be nominated for awards.

The post Jada Pinkett Smith Says She ‘Never’ Wanted To Marry Will Smith In Resurfaced Clip appeared first on The Mother of All Nerds.



Jada Pinkett Smith Says She ‘Never’ Wanted To Marry Will Smith In Resurfaced Clip
Source: Pinoy Inquirer News

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post