what happened to josh hartnett

For a few years, Josh Hartnett really had every Hollywood heartthrob role by the throat, but then one day he kinda disappeared. He recently revealed in an interview with Channel Seven's Sunrise that it wasn't an accident.

"It was the best thing for my mental health and my career to keep Hollywood at bay," said Hartnett. "Luckily I think I hit onto it early on in my life: it’s about creating a good home life and being able to do things that are wild and wonderful like making films, which is such a privilege."

Hartnett told Details (via Us Weekly) something very similar in 2014, saying he was getting to a very paranoid place by the time he bowed out of the field.

"I was on the cover of every magazine," said Hartnett. "I couldn’t really go anywhere. I didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin. I was alone. I didn’t trust anyone...I still get offered film and TV roles, luckily, but years ago, if I saw a role I wanted, there was a good chance I could grab it."

He continued, "When I see a role now, I’ve got to fight for it. It’s not bad. It’s actually more rewarding. Depressing when something doesn’t go your way, but only for a minute."

https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/status/1467774514788548608

There was one role that Hartnett admitted he regrets missing out on to Channel Seven. Apparently, Hartnett was originally asked to play the role that went to Heath Ledger in 2005's Brokeback Mountain.

"Unfortunately, I was going to do Brokeback Mountain And I had a contract with the Black Dahlia that I had to film, so I had to drop out of it," he said.

Harnett has said he also turned down roles as Superman in a three-picture deal and Batman in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but he doesn't regret those. But he is sad about that missed chance because he "always wanted to kiss Joaquin."

The post Josh Hartnett Reveals Why He Stopped Acting In Rare Interview appeared first on The Mother of All Nerds.



Josh Hartnett Reveals Why He Stopped Acting In Rare Interview
Source: Pinoy Inquirer News

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post