Kate Moss will be taking the stand in the Amber Heard — Johnny Depp defamation trial after Heard namedropped the British supermodel in her testimony last Thursday.

Featureflash Photo Agency/Shutterstock

Moss and Depp dated in the 90s and have remained friends since their breakup.

Heard testified that she felt a connection to Moss, and brought up the rumor that Depp had pushed the model down the stairs when they were dating.  

Depp’s lawyers could be seen celebrating after Heard mentioned Moss’s name in court. Because the actress brought up Moss, they were allowed to call in the supermodel as a witness to talk about the rumor, which sources have stated is false.

“That's one mistake that [Heard] made, was bringing up Kate Moss, which potentially opened the door to [Depp's legal team] bringing [Moss] on as an impeachment witness” and Moss “saying ‘This never happened,’” said California entertainment lawyer Mitra Ahouraian.

An anonymous source close to Depp told The New York Post, “Amber mentioned an ex of Johnny’s that clearly she felt was not supportive of him, which couldn’t be further from the truth.”

Heard’s mention of Moss came during the trial on May 5, when she was describing a March 2015 fight in which she punched Depp in the face, allegedly from fear that he was going to push her sister, Whitney, down the stairs.

“[Whitney's] back was to the staircase, and Johnny swings at her,” Heard said. “I don't hesitate, I don't wait - I just, in my head, instantly think of Kate Moss and stairs. And I swung at him.” 

This isn’t the first time Heard has brought up Depp’s ex-girlfriend in court — she described the incident in much the same way during his defamation suit against The Sun for calling him a “wife beater.”

Criminal defense attorney and former California judge Halim Dhanidina warned that Heard’s team could claim that Heard’s mention of Moss was simply her “state of mind” at the time of the incident and not that she was claiming to be actual fact.

Moss will be taking the stand on what is expected to be the third to last day of the six-week-long defamation trial.

The British supermodel discussed her past relationship with Vanity Fair in a 2012 interview, detailing how she spent “years” after the relationship ended crying over it.

“There's nobody that's ever been able to take care of me. Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said,” she said. “Like if I said 'What do I do?,' he'd tell me. And that's what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust.”

The post Kate Moss Will Testify On Behalf Of Johnny Depp At Amber Heard Trial appeared first on The Mother of All Nerds.



Kate Moss Will Testify On Behalf Of Johnny Depp At Amber Heard Trial
Source: Pinoy Inquirer News

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post